The latest resources
Below is a collection of the latest resource guides provided by various associations.
- American Planning Association. Planning for Infrastructure Resilience. Dec 2019 (PDF)
Description: American Planning Association guiding document on infrastructure resilience in relation to flooding and regulatory resilience.
- Boston Wetlands Protection and Climate Adaption Ordinance. Dec 2019 (PDF)
Description; A new ordinance adopted by Boston on foot of recommendations from the Boston Climate Ready consultants reports.
- Climate Change State Profiles Massachusetts. Observed and Projected Changes in Climate and their Impacts (PDF)
Description: USGS publication that looks at all aspects of climate including rainfall, snowfall, heat days, cold days, sea-level rise through both history and future projections.
- Coastal Resilience & What Nantucket is Doing (PDF)
Description; PDF of presentation to Nantucket Civic League 2/8/20 on what the Town is planning for Coastal Resilience.
- Coastal Resilience Methods (PDF)
Description: PDF of a PowerPoint presentation to CRAC on 10-1-19 on Coastal Resilience methods that may be applicable on Nantucket.
- Community Resilience Building Workshop Summary of Findings Town of Nantucket Final Report, April 2019 (PDF)
Description: Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP). Nantucket’s MVP.
- Coastal Risk Assessment and Resiliency Strategies Report (January 2020) (PDF)
Description: Town Of Nantucket Coastal Risk Assessment and Resilience Strategies. January 2020. Milone and MacBroom. Overview of risk and potential strategies that the Town may use.
- CRAC presentation Wetlands and waterways, December 2019 (PDF)
Description: Presentation on 12/3/19 to Coastal Resilience Advisory Committee by Jeff Carlson, Natural Resources Director. The presentation focused on the coastal regulations including (i) Massachusetts Waterfront Protect Act (Chapter 91), (ii) Wetlands Protection Act M.G.L 131 § 40, and (iii) Town of Nantucket Wetland Bylaw Chapter 136.