On June 12, 9:30 am-4:30 pm: Nantucket Coastal Conference at the Nantucket Atheneum.
Sponsoring Organizations: Sea Grant 50th WHOI, Town of Nantucket Natural Resources Department, County of Barnstable MA, Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management, Nantucket Atheneum, and Nantucket Conservation Foundation.
Who should attend:
Coastal managers, environmental organizations, town officials and staff, conservation commissions, planning boards, consultants, researchers, and the interested public.
Conference topics to include:
- Navigating the Community Rating System and Changes in the Floodplain
- Nantucket’s Coastal Resilience Plan
- Resilience Education on Nantucket
- Polpis Harbor Oyster Reef
- Living Shorelines and Nature-Based Solutions in Massachusetts
- Valuation of Ecosystem Benefits of Living Shorelines
- Preparing Nantucket’s Climate Action Plan
- Preparing Martha’s Vineyard’s Climate Action Plan